Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Understanding the Media Processing Plugins panel [RESOLVED]

edited February 14 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
Please take a look at the screen capture of the media processing panel from my local instance of CA 1.7 dev. In the rows of the table involving FFMPEG--audio, video, QuickTimeVR--The application appears to be saying FFMPEG is available but cannot be seen by the application to process media. The paths are correct in external_applications.conf. I have other applications that also use FFMPEG and cand find it without issues. The same question applies to Libreoffice too.

I am running locally on OSX, with homebrew as the package manager.  C/A was installed via GIT.

Thanks,
BB

Comments

• It's telling you it can't find ffmpeg at all. The plugin is available because it'll still parse AV files and extract metadata – it just won't transcode or extract preview frames. 

I can't say why it's not finding it, other than that the path is or was wrong. In the case of "was wrong", the old path might be cached, so try deleting everything in app/tmp (the application cache) and then reload the status page. There's a good chance that will help.
  • Hi Seth,
    That did not do the trick. Could it be an issue with symlinks? 
  • edited February 14
    To wrap this up. It may have been an issue with my package manager--homebrew. I ran an update this morning and the matter cleared itself up.