Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Understanding relationshipType and entityType when relating objects to entities [solved]

edited February 16 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
I am migrating an Embark collection using the GRAM profile into Prrovidence r1.7 and I am not quite understanding how to set up the entity split for importing and relating artists to their artworks. Below is my splitter. I have double checked my columns. I believe the issue is with the relationshipType and entityType settings? Later, when I import donors, staff, and other entities I expect to have a similar issue. How should I consistently be applying these settings with different kinds of entities? If I create object record now, when I go back later what are the steps to relate the artist or donor to the object?

Below is my current splitter for artists:

{
  "relationshipType": "entity",
  "entityType": "entity",
  "ind_org":"ind",
  "attributes": { "preferred_labels":"^108",
  "idno": "^108", "entity_category":"artist"
  "telephone": "^120",
  "address": {
  "address1": "^115",
  "city": "^116",
  "stateprovince": "^119",
  "postalcode": "^118",
  "country": "^117",
  "email":"^123"
  }
  }
  }

Thanks,
BB

Comments

• Hi BB,

I am not an expert, I am only dealing with my own import project. I looked into GRAM profile to see if I can help you.

Well, "entityType": "entity" setting looks fine, as you have an Entity type with idno="entity".

But you don't have a relationship type with code="entity" between objcts and entities, so "relationshipType": "entity" setting must be wrong.
    Go to Manage / Administration / Relationship types menu. Find "object ⇔ entity relationships" item in herarchy, click on the arrow next to it, and you will see the values you can choose from.

I hope this helps.

Laszlo
  • Lazlo is correct. Your relationship type must a valid one defined for object-entity relationships.

Also, what is ind_org intended to do? That's not a valid splitter option.

Finally, what is the target for this splitter? It should be just ca_entities
  • edited February 7
    Szablac and Seth,
    Thanks for your feedback. 

Based on your remarks, I am using the Relationship type code 'artist'. The target that I have been using is 'ca_entities' 

I now have edited the splitter to the following:

{
      "relationshipType": "artist",
      "attributes": { "preferred_labels":"^108",
      "idno": "^108", "entity_category":"artist"
      "country": "^117",
      "email":"^123"
      }
      }
      }

Since I have object data already in the system, what is the best way to associate these entities with the records? Is it as simple as including only the object IDNO and the entity splitter in the import? will I be appending on IDNO?
  • You can certainly run an import with a simple mapping of those two fields, just make sure that your existingRecordPolicy setting is set to "merge_on_idno", which will add the new relationships to those existing records.
  • Thanks MichaelB!

Will be testing today and will report back.
  • Hello everyone,
    I would like to to confirm the following splitter worked:

{
    "relationshipType": "artist",
    "attributes": {
    "idno": "^108",
    "entity_category": "artist",
    "email":"^123",
    "country": "^117"
    }
    }
    }

I also noticed it would only work if the source column was the same as the IDNO column--in this instance 108. Is this a correct observation?

Thanks!
  • You should be able to map the splitter to a different column than the idno articulated in your attributes block.
  • So you are saying it could be any column referenced in the splitter or any column in the data sheet that is not referenced by another row?
  • Sorry I'm not following. Are you asking if the name of the record can be in one column and the idno in another? Yes, that is supported. 

Our importer doesn't traverse multiple rows.
  • edited February 16
    Hi Julie,
    I meant column--not row, sorry. I re-read your original comment from Feb 13 and I understand what you originally meant. Thanks for your help on this matter.
    BB