Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

CANNOT CHANGE EDITOR INTERFACE

Hello.

I made several user interfaces for different purposes, set authorizations to users and groups so that a member of one group can choose between different interfaces, depending on the activities she/he is meant to carry out in the collection. The problem is, the system does not let the user to really choose a user interface to edit objects (so far, haven't found out for other parts of the system). This is what happens:

1. I create a group X and associate it with a role y
2. I create users and associate it with group X
3. I create several different object editing interfaces, make them non-system, limit them to objects and associate them to the X group
4. I log in with a user that belongs to group X
5. I try to change the object editing interface. It is impossible. The system will correctly display a menu with the authorized, proper interfaces to choose from, but will save the first interface on the list, no matter what I choose. If I change the settings in the interfaces, then it will save whichever one appears first on the list, and refuse to change it.

I guess there is something I am doing wrong. It makes no difference if I set the interface as part of the system or not. I'd appreciate some orientation to overcome this problem.

With CollectiveAccess 1.5

Comments

• Are you setting the interface for users via Manage > My preferences > Editing?
  • edited April 14
    Yes, and theoretically users have the privileg to switch interfaces. The interfaces appear in the menu; however, the system keeps saving the same interface every time.