I made several user interfaces for different purposes, set authorizations to users and groups so that a member of one group can choose between different interfaces, depending on the activities she/he is meant to carry out in the collection. The problem is, the system does not let the user to really choose a user interface to edit objects (so far, haven't found out for other parts of the system). This is what happens:
1. I create a group X and associate it with a role y
2. I create users and associate it with group X
3. I create several different object editing interfaces, make them non-system, limit them to objects and associate them to the X group
4. I log in with a user that belongs to group X
5. I try to change the object editing interface. It is impossible. The system will correctly display a menu with the authorized, proper interfaces to choose from, but will save the first interface on the list, no matter what I choose. If I change the settings in the interfaces, then it will save whichever one appears first on the list, and refuse to change it.
I guess there is something I am doing wrong. It makes no difference if I set the interface as part of the system or not. I'd appreciate some orientation to overcome this problem.
With CollectiveAccess 1.5