Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Styling Pawtucket -- galleries and splash

edited April 19 in Pawtucket
I'm configuring and styling a new Pawtucket 2 site, and I'm newish as well to the product. Most of the progress I've made so far has come from reverse-engineering the themes that came from other projects as well as "default." I think this is because as I was getting going I found a confusing mismatch between what is installed in Pawtucket 2 and what's in the documentation as it relates to various aspects, configurations and plugins that should be part of the default theme.

For instance, there's quite a good description of customizing Pawtucket section by section that includes a view referred to as "Splash" in which you'd edit default text and set some really desirable features. I don't find any of that in any of the themes, including Default. Similarly -- and probably more important to where I'd like to go with the site -- there are several views and confs related to galleries (including the entire simpleGallery plug-in) that are not a part of what I've installed.

Are these instructions valid for Pawtucket 2? And in the case of Galleries, have I missed a download somewhere?

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction.

Comments

• Hi ajhartley,

Pawtucket2 has it's own documentation here: http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Pawtucket2

Pawtucket2 works with subthemes, so you should not edit the default theme directly.  You should create a new theme from the "copyme" folder and copy views into the folder structure to override the settings in the fallback default theme.