Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Record-level Access Exception not set when importing via API

When I'm logged in into Collective Access Providence and create a record, then a "Record-level Access Exception" is automatically set so that I can edit and delete this record.
(see screenshot "Manual_Create")

When I create a record via the API, using the same user credentials, this "Record-level Access Exception" is not set. Consequently, this record is readonly if i log in into Collective Access Providence with my user account.
(see screenshot "API_Create")

These access rights could be changed manually by an administrator, but this is not the situation we want when importing thousands of records. I have also checked "Batch Edit", but i cannot change these specific "Record-level Access" fields with a batch edit.

Is there a solution for this, using the API or a batch edit?
1010 x 617 - 41K
1008 x 632 - 40K

Comments

• edited June 21
    No there isn't a solution to this other than scripting at this time. Please file a JIRA for the issue and we'll try to roll a solution into the 1.7.4 release, which is coming around the end of this month.

Be sure to provide details of how you're using the API so we can construct test cases.

thanks.
  • Hi Seth,

I saw this issue was not yet implemented in de next version of Collective Access. Do you have an idea when this issue will be started and implemented?

Thanks!

Dennis
  • Likely in August.