Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Problem creating Pawtucket2 pages

I'm running the latest version of Providence from GitHub. When I click on "New Page" on 

/manage/Pawtucket/pages

I get this message:

Invalid parameter type for template_id

Comments

• Hi bhoggard,

You need to set up template types in template.conf and then run the utility scan-site-page-templates from the support folder in your Pawtucket installation.
  • Hello sophie,

I'm glad I found this thread and your reply, as I'm having the same problem. I'm still strugglin tho:
    1) I'm not able to find the template.conf on my installation or in github, can you provide me the path?
    2) Is this documented somewhere? I've been looking for a while and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Ammo,

The templates feature is brand new and still under active development, so it is not documented yet.  You'll find an example of the templates.conf in the latest version of the default theme on the develop branch: https://github.com/collectiveaccess/pawtucket2/blob/develop/themes/default/conf/templates.conf
  • Thank you so much Sophie, yes I found it now, was looking for template.conf before.

I have enough to start tinkering with it and get to know if at the stage it is right now, thank you!
  • I managed to edit Pawtucket Templates in Providence (I had to set up an editor for site pages) but how do you manage to show those pages in Pawtucket2?
  • Hi kbecker,

After you've set the path in your site page editor, such as /About/faq (including the first backslash), you can link to page using the standard caNavLink() function.  For example,

print caNavLink($this->request, 'Frequently Asked Questions', '', '', 'About', 'faq');