Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Moving to php7

with no codes changes we have migrated a existing dev CA (cloned)  to use php7 instead of php5.4.   We receive this error when we try to run the site

Fatal error: Uncaught DatabaseException: Your PHP installation lacks MySQL support. Please add it and retry... in /srv/www/ca/app/lib/core/Db/mysql.php:119 Stack trace: #0 /srv/www/ca/app/lib/core/Db.php(143): Db_mysql->connect(Object(Db), Array) #1 /srv/www/ca/app/lib/core/Db.php(117): Db->connect(Array) #2 /srv/www/ca/index.php(37): Db->__construct(NULL, NULL, false) #3 {main} thrown in /srv/www/ca/app/lib/core/Db/mysql.php on line 119 

php7.mysql is installed so I'm guessing we will need to make some code changes to get CA to work with php7.  Is there a running list of changes that will need to be done ?

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 10
    Hi,

We do support PHP 7, but if you're reusing an old setup.php file it may have __CA_DB_TYPE__ set to "mysql", which is the old PHP mysql driver that is no longer supported in PHP 7. Change that to "mysqli" and you should be good.

seth
  • That did the trick but now I'm getting a whole bunch of undefined index  on the Providence edition (/admin) 

Notice: Undefined index: lists in /srv/www/ca/admin/app/lib/core/Configuration.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined index: ca_objects_show_related_counts_in_inspector_for in /srv/www/ca/admin/app/lib/core/Configuration.php on line 291

This is the first 2 error lines then the rest are similar to the second with a different object name.

I believe Tim has 1.7 running.
  • Try recreating the setup.php using setup.php-dist as the basis.
  • ok seem to work somewhat.  I get the login page but every time I try to login I get : error 404

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. 

I have hard coded the ca_base_dir, ca_url_root and  ca_site_hostname (as it was in the old setup.php file) but i get the same results.
  • Turn off "clean" urls in that setup.php? That might be causing an issue with your current web server config (just a blind guess)
  • that did the trick - thanks again