Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Importing relational database

Hello,

Maybe this question has already been asked but i didn't found yet any solution.
I want to import a database with relational tables managing many to many relationships, eg : [object]->[object_places]->[places]

Is there another way than using splitters to import the initial relationship and if that's possible, how should i proceed to import my relational table ?
Having not found anything on this in this forum, i doubt that's the right way to do but i want to be sure before switching to another method.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Comments

• Using the CollectiveAccess data import framework, refineries (splitters, joiners, hierarchyBuilders) are used to create cross-table relationships.

http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Data_Importer

The alternative would be writing a custom script to import the data.

• I would be interested in the scripting alternative but i didn't find where in Providence to write and test a script.
    I guess i should proceed in a specific folder in the application ?