Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Browse Hierarchal Collections Help Prov 1.7.5 (SOLVED)

edited September 11 in Troubleshooting
Hi, Back again!
I have been experimenting with hierarchal collections for our museum library and have configured the Library like this-
Library Collection.
                         Special Book Collection
                         Africana Book Collection
When I browse Collections - Internal I only get Library Collection, if I click on this and open the Library Collection editor screen and go to summary it shows me the Internal Contents of this collection i.e Special Books and Africana Books . Is it possible set the  browse results screen to see these child collections under Library Collection and be able to click on them to access their editor pages. I tried adding the line below under
# ------------------------------------
# Show/Hide child records in search/browse results
# ------------------------------------

ca_collections_children_display_mode_in_results = alwaysShow
This did not seem to make any difference, any suggestions
Thanks
Eric

Comments

• I seem to have solved this problem, got a bit confused between collections created under NEW and collections added via Lists $ Vocabularies .. After moving all the collections to Collection Types in Lists&Voc., I was able to see the child collections.
    Eric