Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Can't import date

I am trying to import (as XLS spreadsheets) to ca_objects in my Providence 1.7.5 installation, using the standard Dublin Core profile. Generally, things are beginning to make sense and work well, except importing dates.
I have been using the Sample Mapping and Sample Data described at http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Basic_data_import_tutorial
The example won't work either as provided or even if I simply try and map only the actual date to ca_objects.date.date_value. The import log always says “Added Date:<BLANK>” and “Added Type:<BLANK>. Everything else imports well, so far. Where am I going wrong?

Comments

• Here are the data and mapping files. Is anyone available with Providence 1.7.5 installed with the Standard Dublin Core profile who might see if the 'date' data element gets properly imported?
  • Are you sure the codes are right? In the DC profile I'm looking at they are: dates_value and dc_dates_types. You can check under Administration > Metadata Elements
  • Thank You! I was still ignorant of this Administration > Metadata Elements page, and have been days hunting for something like it. This page is essential for users to design their own importers. My date import works fine now that I am trying to import to ca_objects.date.dates_value, rather than to ca_objects.date.date_value!
    Many newcomers to Collective Access are not programmers or IT managers. I am part of a small history museum staffed by volunteers. We need what CA offers but lack the skills that make it easy to setup. I need to thank you all in helping a novice get this working to benefit historic preservation.