Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

bulk editing set entity type error

I'm migrating records from a flat database where individuals and organizations were all in the same field, so I thought I would just separate after import.  I've added all the entities that should be organizations into a set of 268.   Going into builk edit to change the type seems to run into trouble.   I've tried twice running it overnight and it doesn't finish--the providence page doesn't produce an error,  just shows it still running.  When trying to use the pawtucket site,  it brings up an error of sql locked tables. 
2423 x 682 - 629K

Comments

  • Hi there,

    This is an issue with your mysql configuration, you'll need to increase the innodb_buffer_pool_size setting in your config file. For some systems this can be set quite high (e.g. 4096M) but something like 128M or 256M should work for processing a set of this size. Obviously this depends on what your configuration is currently set to.

    Alternatively to avoid this error you could simply break the set into smaller batches and run them individually.

    Best,
    Mike
Sign In or Register to comment.