Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

PDF previews not generating or displaying correctly

edited January 10 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
I am having an issue with producing PDF previews using imagemagick and graphicsmagick. I am testing on 3 different systems on 3 different servers getting similar results all running Providence 1.7.5. Systems 1, 3 were installed clean from GIT. System 2 was upgraded from 1.6.x. 1 and 2 are linux, 3 runs on MacOS via homebrew.

Thanks  in advance!
--Matt

###
SYSTEM 1
[1] Only imagemagick/imagick is available and I get previews of the PDF pages but no thumbnails. The only way to see the page previews is to also add a photo to the record to bring ups the mirador viewer.
[2] If i create a record with JPGs as media, they all preview and generate thumbnails as expected.

SYSTEM 2
Only Graphicsmagick/Gmagick is installed. It will render a thumbnail of the PDF, but neither the Mirador nor the Universal viewer will allow you to view the page previews.

SYSTEM 3
[1] With GraphicsMagick installed I get no preview at all, the pdf is uploaded as a binary--white square icon.
[2] When I use ImageMagick the PDF preview renders of all of the pages but I don’t have a thumbnail image. The only way to see the page previews is to also add a photo to the record to bring ups the mirador viewer.
[3] If I try to remake the the previews via command line, I get these errors repeating for each PDF file. It also remakes the JPGs attached to each record using ‘bin/caUtils reprocess-media --mimetypes=application/pdf’

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 479

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 480

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 500

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 479

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 480

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 500

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 512

###

Comments

• This happens with all PDFs?
  • Yes. Have tested same files on all three instances.
  • Seth: Can you suggest any changes ot my configurations or is this C/A software related?

• Seth et al,
    I have now tried this on a 4th instance in a hosting environment different than the other three and also on 1.7.5 providence, I can report that with GraphicsMagick, we do have full page previews that will display in Mirador, but thumbnails are not created, a generic icon is used instead. Are there additional details you all need to troubleshoot this issue? Are there settings changes I should consider?
    Thanks!
    Matt