Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Chinese Searching

edited July 2013 in Pawtucket
The search function cannot normal work with Chinese characters in basic/advance search.
We are using the default search engine "SQLSearch". It need to add the Wildcards(*) at suffixes if the search value is not a whole title or the record's title not contain(space character/comma). Can the problem fix by regular expression in search.conf and how?

Thanks for your kind help.

Comments

• I'm sorry but I don't fully understand. Is the problem the added wildcards?
  • Hi Seth,
    Thanks for your reply. I have created three testing records in demo site under "Chinese collection" http://demo.collectiveaccess.org/index.php/find/BrowseObjects/modifyCriteria/facet/collection_facet/id/98/mod_id/0
    The title name are (1) "教育改革" , (2) "教育 改革 2" & (3)" 教育,改革,3". If we search the "教育" single word; the result only return second(2) & third(3) records, if we add the wildcards "教育*" in the search box; the result will include all of those records.
    Since most of the chinese wording is not contain the space/comma. How can don't add the wildcards to search those three records?

Ton of thanks.

• In app/conf/search.conf you can add a regex that will append a wildcard to all searches.

The "search_suffixes" directive is a list of pairs of regular expressions (pattern matches) and suffixes. When one of the regular expressions matches the user's search the suffix is appended to the search before it is evaluated. This can be handy for all sorts of things. In your case you can use it to append a wildcard onto all searches, like so:

search_suffixes = {
    .* = *
    }
  • edited July 2013
    Hi seth,

It works on the suffix, however if i search the "改革" single word; it also can't return all of those results. Can the search.conf control the prefix?

Moreover, in the providence when we generate the PDF in summary page, the chinese wording cannot display, is it be possible to change the font type? (http://demo.collectiveaccess.org/index.php/editor/objects/ObjectEditor/PrintSummary/object_id/1520)

Thank you very much for your help.
  • The PDF issue is a matter of changing the output font. The default font we use is called DejaVu. It contains many Unicode characters and glyphs, but not Chinese characters I guess.

Regarding the 改革 search, it sounds like you want to find these characters wherever they appear? Not just at the beginning of a "word"?