Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Search problem in 1.2

edited July 2013 in Troubleshooting
Help! (British understatement; perhaps I should say HELP!*)

I noticed this morning that some searches had started returning spurious results.

I tried to fix things with Manage -> Maintenance -> Rebuild Indices. Now searching by text doesn't work at all.

Text in the Find -> Objects search box returns seemingly random results. A search that used to return exactly one result now returns none, and a search that returned a page or so now returns 281, most of them with no connection with the search term. I can't find any clues in the log.

As far as I can tell, all my storage location are still there, I can see them in the hierarchy viewer; all my collections are there, I can see them in the admin interface by searching for "*". I can find objects in them under relationships, and clicking on a sample of them gets me to the object, where everything seems OK. Of course, I've only been able to check a small sample, but I'm hopeful that the problem might be confined to index generation.

Is there any way to recover from this?

I have back-ups, but I've never actually actually used one to restore the current system, and anyway perhaps the seeds of this problem are already in the backups.

* Take the "HELP!" to be in 72 point type :-)

Thanks
David

Comments

  • No idea. Maybe send me a dump of the data to look at? Or give me access to the server?
  • Hi Seth,

    Thanks for the quick reply. I can tar CA and dump it's mysql db for you.

    I back up with:
    mysqldump -u root -p[password] MLHGA > `date +%Y%m%d`.ca.sql
    and
    sudo tar -cpzvf `date +%Y%m%d`.ca.tar.gz /var/www/ca
    are there any more options I should add?

    The dump will be about 16GB and the tar file about 1.8GB. How do I get them to you?

    If looking at the data doesn't help, I'll fix my router so you can ssh to the server, but I'd like to send the details outside the Forum.

    David
  • Hello Seth,

    You should be able to get to my server now. You'll find it aliasslow going, both the connection and the machine itself. I'll email the details.

    Is there a clue here, its about the right date? Probably not; it doesn't seem to have anything to do with rebuilding indices.

    "archive@archiveroom2:/var/log/mysql$ zgrep ERROR error.log.*
    error.log.3.gz:ERROR: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE user ADD column Show_view_priv enum('N','Y') CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT ' at line 1
    error.log.3.gz:130728 17:19:44 [ERROR] Aborting
    error.log.3.gz:ERROR: 1050 Table 'plugin' already exists
    error.log.3.gz:130728 17:19:48 [ERROR] Aborting
    archive@archiveroom2:/var/log/mysql$ ls -l error.log.3.gz
    -rw-r----- 1 mysql adm 1166 Jul 29 11:55 error.log.3.gz
    archive@archiveroom2:/var/log/mysql$ "

    David
  • Hello Seth,
    Server details sent to seth@CollectiveAccess.org in two parts.
    David
Sign In or Register to comment.