Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Displaying related object-occurrences information in Pawtucket

edited September 2013 in Pawtucket
Say I'm specifying the attributes to display for my objects in Pawtucket. If that object is related to a specific occurrence, is it possible to reference that occurrence and specify attributes from that occurrence record to be displayed on the object page?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    You can place Related Occurrences (or any table) in the Pawtucket detail page for Objects. I've attached example code. To pull in additional metadata from Occurrences (beyond title and relationship type), refer to the portion of the code that is currently commented out.
  • edited September 2013
    Are you editing the app.conf or ObjectController.conf? Or where are you putting this?
  • You'd put it here:
    /themes/your_theme/views/Detail/ca_objects_detail_html.php
  • edited September 2013
    I tried adding this verbatim and got an error for unexpected "<" on line (whichever corresponds to the last <?php at the bottom of the code you posted) After removing this, I then get an error for unexpected end of file. I don't have much experience with PHP, and after a number of tries trying to check for proper syntax (as best I can) couldn't get it to work. Is it possible there is something extraneous in the code you've included?
  • Can you send the file?
  • edited September 2013
    It's always after I post do I figure something out. I added this without the divs and added the last curly bracket and it works

• Thanks for your help, much appreciated!