Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Batch Media Import Issues

edited March 2014 in Troubleshooting
I am having some difficulties with batch media imports. I am trying to batch import photographs, creating new records for each with established relationships to a place. I've set the object identifier to be produced from the combination of directory and file name, with the directory name matching the identifier for the place record. Additionally I am having problems with slow or completely stalling imports, where the status displays either nothing indefinitely or only shows progress through a few photos before all action appears to halt (including time indicator).

Is there something about establishing relationships during import that I am misunderstanding, and are there any settings or other things I should change in order to have successful imports?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi eleanorspees,

I dealed with batch import media
    during this days, actually I created via batch import a set of specific
    objects (one per each file in the folder) and then I associated that set
    with a top-level object through batch editor.

I've got the same problem that you describe while loading the
    pictures in the folder (with the batch media import). How many pictures
    do you have in your folder? In my case, I solved trying to import many
    times (CA imports just the pictures not yet imported) or making
    different folders with less pictures.

Maybe this thread can be useful:
    http://www.collectiveaccess.org/support/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/293512/batch-import-media#Item_6

I hope it can help.

Dave
  • Another question related to Media Imports:

Is it possible to establish more than one relationship to records created during batch media import? I've had success establishing a place relationship by creating the object identifiers from directory/filename with the directory's name matching the identifier of a place record, but I am not sure how to name my directories/files such that I could establish a place relationship and an entity or occurrence relationship. 

Thanks
  • The easiest way to add relationships that are the same for all of the images in the batch import is to create a set and to batch add the link after the import is complete.  

The import relationship setting can also be used to add multiple unique relationships based on identifiers.
  • I am continually having problems with media imports failing to run, or stalling out midway. I've tried doing small batches (10 or less), but even then I can only rarely get it to work. I've tried IE 11 and Firefox 28.0, but I have the same problems regardless.

What other things should I try in order to get it to work?
  • Ist here anything in the server log?
  • It looks like it might not be connecting, "200 Zzz... NOOP" is all that I seem to be getting?
  • 211-Extensions supported:
    EPRT
    IDLE
    MDTM
    SIZE
    MFMT
    REST STREAM
    MLST type*;size*;sizd*;modify*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.uid*;UNIX.gid*;unique*;
    MLSD
    AUTH TLS
    PBSZ
    PROT
    ESTA
    PASV
    EPSV
    SPSV
    ESTP
    211 End.
    PWD
    257 "/" is your current location
    TYPE A
    200 TYPE is now ASCII
    CWD /public_html/photos
    250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/photos
    PASV
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,185,33,130,177,108)
    MLSD
    150 Accepted data connection
    226-Options: -a -l
    226 24 matches total
    PASV
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,185,33,130,229,90)
    MLSD
    150 Accepted data connection
    226-Options: -a -l
    226 24 matches total
    NOOP
    200 Zzz...
    NOOP
    200 Zzz...
  • That's the log from fireFTP, did you need something else? I don't have more direct access, but I can inquire with the one who does?
  • The web server log and/or the server error log is what I'm looking for.
  • Sorry, I believe this is what you're actually looking for.
  • Is that not the correct information?