Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

How to extract information services (getty) info in pawtucket2?

I am having so trouble getting data out of Getty information services.
I can get data out of a wikipedia, and LCSH but it doesn't seem to work with the other information services.
I am trying to extract the name and the URL etc  (the same information that "more" displays in Providence)
Thanks
Bruce

if ($vs_subjects_lcsh = $t_object->get('ca_objects.lcsh_terms', array('returnWithStructure' => 'true'))) {
                                    print "<h6>Library of Congress Subject Terms:</h6>";
                                    foreach ($vs_subjects_lcsh as $va_key => $vs_subject_lcsh_r) {
                                            foreach ($vs_subject_lcsh_r as $va_key => $vs_subject_lcsh_s) {
                                                    foreach ($vs_subject_lcsh_s as $vs_subject_lcsh) {
                                                            $va_subject = explode(' [', $vs_subject_lcsh);
                                                            $va_subject[1] =rtrim($va_subject[1], "]");// strip ']' off the end
                                                            $va_subject[1] = "http://id.loc.gov/".ltrim($va_subject[1],"info:/lc").".html"; //
                                                            print caNavLink($this->request, $va_subject[0], '', '', 'Search', 'objects/search/'.$vs_subject_lcsh).
                                                            " ( link: <a href='". $va_subject[1]."' target='_blank'>".$va_subject[1]."</a> )<br/>";
                                                    }
                                            }
                                    }

}   

Comments

• There's no easy way to get to the extended info data in master-fix. In develop there's code to define custom subfields for the Getty thesauri, so that you could make the URL accessible via ca_objects.aat.url or the parent path via ca_objects.aat.partentPath or something.

If you're working in master-fix or v1.5.1/2, you'd have to do that yourself. If it was me I'd probably try to build a WLPlugInformationServiceAAT instance for the value in question, so that I have all the convenience methods of BaseGettyLODServicePlugin available. You can look into BaseGettyLODServicePlugin::getExtendedInformation() to see how we build the panel.
  • This seems to be working OK so far: Thank Bruce

require_once(__CA_LIB_DIR__."/core/Plugins/InformationService/AAT.php");
          $o_service = new WLPlugInformationServiceAAT();
         $results = $o_service->lookup(array(),$vs_subject_is_att_s['is_ATT']);
        if(strlen($results['results'][0]['idno'])>0){$out .= $results['results'][0]['idno']."<br/>";}
        if(strlen($results['results'][0]['label'])>0){$out .= $results['results'][0]['label']."<br/>";}
        $out .=" <a href='".$results['results'][0]['url']."' target='_blank'>".$results['results'][0]['url']."</a></br/>";
  • An update.
    The info I am getting back different.  How to I get back the Full Path info?

Also, I noticed in Paw. that the function getExtendedInformation() always fails because

public function getExtendedInformation($pa_settings, $ps_url) {
            $va_service_conf = $this->opo_linked_data_conf->get($this->getConfigName()); <--- this returns empty.  At least for the config named "aat"

• another update:  I needed to copy over linked_data.conf and set :  linked_data_config = <ca_conf_dir>/linked_data.conf in app.conf.

NOW it seems to be working OK.
    Bruce
  • Oh yeah, sorry. You're definitely the first to try this with Pawtucket2 :-)
  • Hi,
    For those who would like to display LCSH references with a cliquable link to LCSH site, I use this, for example in ca_entities_default_html.php:

{{{<ifcount code="ca_entities.lcsh_terms" min="1" max="1"><H6>LCSH reference:</H6></ifcount>}}}
    {{{<ifcount code="ca_entities.lcsh_terms" min="2"><H6>LCSH references:</H6></ifcount>}}}
    {{{<unit relativeTo="ca_entities.lcsh_terms" delimiter="<br/>"><a href="https://id.loc.gov/^ca_entities.lcsh_terms.id%start=8" target="_blank">^ca_entities.lcsh_terms.text</a></unit>}}}

The modifyer %start=8 allows to remove the 8 characters "info:/lc" from the lcsh_terms.id ;)