Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Changing the seach settings in Pawtucket2

Do not want to include entities in the search.

I am doing a site for family history. With that, I have family members that donated the items so a surname of Weber donated the photo, so when I search Weber, I also get the 200 that she donated, even though the object has nothing to do with Weber.

How do I edit searching to exclude entities?

I have searched all the files that I can think of and can not seem to find the silver bullet.......

Thanks

Comments

• The indexing used is that from the back-end, so the configuration file that controls the indexing Pawtucket uses is in Providence. The search_indexing.conf file in Pawtucket is only used for records that are added in Pawtucket (the data contribution form, for example).

You can designate specific indexing as private – not used in Pawtucket. See http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Search_Indexing_Configuration (search for the word "PRIVATE" to find the relevant references).

There are some new indexing options in the "develop" branch (soon v1.7)  that let you selectively PRIVATE-tize indexing for relationship types. Previously it was all entities are indexed private or none are. Sounds like you might need this option.

seth
  • I think that did it. Thank You. I may end up playing with it more, but seems to have fixed my issue

Any side affects that you know of?

Love the program though. I think I started with 0.58 when it was OpenCollection. ;-)
  • No, there shouldn't be any side effects. Let me know how it goes.

I can't believe you've been around since 0.58... makes me feel old!
  • FYI for anyone with the same issues and are reading this fix, I also had the same issue with Collections. It seems to work the same way as the entities.

And Seth, 0.58 had a pretty ugly backend at the time, all those tabs... ;-)

• It was inspired by Zope. That was cool in 2002.