Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Repeating fields in pawtucket displays

I am configuring a pawtucket theme for my system, and need all of the non-preferred labels and all the dates in a record to display. I've tried two ways to do so, but only the first iteration shows in the display.

first trial

{{{<H5>Fecha:</H5>
                    <ifcount code="ca_objects.setDisplayValue" min="2"> <p>DOS</p> </ifcount>
                    <unit relativeTo="ca_objects.dateSet" delimiter="<br/>">
                    <H4>^ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayValue (^ca_objects.dateSet.genDateType)</H4></unit>}}}

second

{{{<ifdef code="ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayValue"><H6>Fecha:</H6>^ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayValue<br/></ifdev>}}}

The help pages say the second should  show all the registered values, although in a somehow disordered fashion. The expression, though, only shows one of the values in the repeating field. the <unit> tag does work when the repeating values come from a related record (entities, related objects, etc.), but not for metadata within the record. Can't figure out what's wrong.

Comments

• Hi tortugamarina,

For repeating fields, ifcount should be used over ifdef.  Try:

{{{<ifcount min="1" code="ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayValue"><H6>Fecha:</H6><unit delimiter="<br/>">^ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayValue (^ca_objects.dateSet.setDisplayType)</unit></ifcount>}}}

• After some headache, I came to understand the problem. Some individual
    iterations of a dataset revert to English as locale--although I have
    Spanish set as language. At times, I had to erase the metadata and
    capture it again, since it would revert to English when saving. When
    data sets are saved as different locales, only the English one will
    appear or will be counted by the ifcount tag. This is sort of easy to
    solve on a record-by-record basis, but not so when working with hundreds
    or thousands of records. Do you have any suggestion?
  • Hi
    I have a similar problem, but more complexe

I'm coding a ISBD display of descriptions of books, which is quiet a hard time when fields are optional and repeated. For example, some books have been published by 2 publishers, both in a different city. In the description of the document, we created an entity for the publisher and made a relation with the city.
    I'm trying now to display such possibility of display of publishing information : [city 1 : publisher 1 ; city 2 : publisher 2].

Here is my code, which results to this : [city 1; city 2 : publisher 1 ; publisher 2]. Not exactly what I want.
    {{{^ca_objects_x_entities.ville_edition : ^ca_entities.preferred_labels.displayname}}}

Could you help me rectify this code to get city 1 : publisher 1 ; city 2 : publisher 2.
    Thanks in advance !

Carole