Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

configuration problem in Pawtucket

I updated ubuntu to 16.04 and this message started to appear when I try to export a lightbox to a presentation pptx file. Help will be greatly appreciated. The error message states that it couldnt find the file.

Comments

• Is there anything in the logs? I assume you're running PHP7 now?
  • UPDATE: Something is wrong, because on searching for certain expressions, Pawtucket will report the error indicated in the attached file. This was not happening befor the update.
  • When was the last time you updated Pawtucket?
  • The README says it is version 2.0, the file is dated March, 28, but I'm not sure that's the date I downloaded it. README says it is compatible with CA 1.6
  • It is compatible with CA 1.6, but it's not compatible with PHP 5.7, which is sounds like you're running. You should do a pull to get the latest code.
  • edited September 2016
    It loos like you are right. However, while trying to install the develop version in GitHub it stated I needed to update the database schema, maybe because it is designed for a new version of ca. The version labelled "master-fix" doesn't show error messages, nor any other thing: just a blank screen. Maybe I can try to revert the php version, and upgrade again when ca 1.7 is out and running. I do not feel like I am competent enough to run a developing version.

php --version
    PHP 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 (cli) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
        with Zend OPcache v7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.2, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

• I did switch back to php 5.6, and the result is the same. Did make sure with a phpinfo() command. Strange thing is this: when I search the word "Tamayo" it works fine, but it does not with "Siqueiros".
  • What version of MySQL are you running?
  •  5.7.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 when asking from mysql client's command line.

Here is the phpinfo() page attached
  • I tried rebuilding the indexes. It does perform the index rebuild routine, however the results in pawtucket are erratic: with some search strings it finds the works, no always all of them though; but there are other strings, particularly "Siqueiros", that produce an error message. Finally, the format of the page got disarranged. All of the export formats (xls and pdf) work fine, except the pptx format. While recharging the order values, it gets stuck as shown in the attached file. This happened under php 7 and 5.6 (with 5.6 the index rebuild got stuck too, though).
  • I switched back to php 7, and this is the status of the problem right now:

It turned out that there was a configuration problem with mysql, so I had to comment off the "quote-names" option in the /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysql.cnf file. This made mysql work fine.

The system does generate a pptx file now, but not correctly built (when deleting the file extension, it appears as a txt file with an html table, and not as a package with xml files embedded. I am attaching one such file).

As for the problem with the search expression, it only appears when searching "Siqueiros". This is very strange, probably it interferes with some command, but Siqueiros is the name of a painter quite important in Mexico--it would be something of a high irony that a system wouldn't be willing to search for his name.
  • OK, Got it. This makes the pptx export to work under php7 and ubuntu 16.04

/var/www/html/paw/app/lib/core/Parsers/PHPPowerPoint/Writer/PowerPoint2007/Slide.php
    En las líneas 29 y 791 hay que cambiar la
     expresión "String" por cadena, pues String se ha vuelto una expresión reservada de php
    "String" became a restricted php expression, son it has to be changed in lines 29 and 791, which I did for the Spanish "cadena" (but I guess any expression would do)
    RENOMBRAR Y EDITAR ARCHIVO
    RENAME AND EDIT FILE

/var/www/html/paw/app/lib/core/Parsers/PHPPowerPoint/Shared/String.php
    /var/www/html/paw/app/lib/core/Parsers/PHPPowerPoint/Shared/Cadena.php

En la línea 23 cambiar String por Cadena
    Change "String" for "Cadena" or some other expression in line 23.
  • Now, the following error screen appears in several opperations, mainly when a data mining link leading to entities is followed.