Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

hierarchy field search results not showing the search string

providence 1.6.2/pawtucket2 (both on windows2008/iis and ubuntu/apache2)
I'm trying to include a search within a field populated from a hierarchical vocabulary list.

<div class="advancedSearchField">
Index Terms:<br/>
{{{ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms%width=220px}}}
</div>

The search seems to return the correct results,  but in the results it doesn't display the search terms--just a series of semi-colons--which the delimiter for that field.  The number of semi-colons seems to match how many levels down the term is in the hierarchy.  Should I be adding that field differently in the advanced search form or is there something I'm missing in a config file?

Thanks..

Comments

• I've got another oddity with this same field.   If I search in the advanced search field for "Demonstrations",  I get the one record I expect.   If I use the main search box with "clerk_subject_terms:Demonstrations",  I get that record,  plus any pdfs that have any stemmed version of demonstrate in the full text. 
  • Where is clerk_subject_terms defined? Is that an access point? If not, then try running the search ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms:Demostrations
  • Changing to an access point fixed that part.  I'm still not able to to get the issue with the advanced search field.   If I write out to a dropdown and change the value to the list id like below--it works,  but the number of subject terms is way too many to try and list in a dropdown...   Is there a way to have it as a lookup  like it is when you enter the data in providence?

Subject Terms:<br/>
    <select id="ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms[]_autocomplete" name="ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms[]_autocomplete">
    <OPTION value="">-
    <OPTION value="1525">ADAMS
    <OPTION value="1526">ALKI 
    <OPTION value="1527">ARBOR HEIGHTS
    <OPTION value="1528">ATLANTIC
    <OPTION value="1529">BALLARD
    </select>
    <input name="ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms[]" value="" id="ca_objects.clerk_subject_terms[]" type="hidden">

</div>
  • Hi Sarahs,

I’d like to set up an advancedSearchField to search for related vocabulary from one specific list with an dropdown menu. The lists ID is „liste_briefmarke“ and it contains only three entries. In the object UI we connect one of those three terms with an object as a related vocabulary term, so that we are able to browse on it. 

I added an advanced search field and a <select> part like the one in your example, but weather I use the list elements idno or the preferred labels, my search returns all objects.

Here is my code:

<div class="advancedSearchField col-sm-12">
                  Briefmarke:
                  <select id="ca_list_items.preferred_labels[]" name="ca_list_items.preferred_labels[]">
                    <option value="">-</option>
                    <option value="indo1">Option 1</option>
                    <option value="indo2">Option 2</option>
                    <option value="indo3">Option 3</option>
                 </select>
                 <input name="ca_list_items.preferred_labels[]" value="" id="ca_list_items.preferred_labels[]" type="hidden">
              </div>

Is this kind of search possible?
  • edited April 2018
    I gave up on trying to do the hierarchical vocabulary list as a dropdown, but I've done quite a bit of work on my advanced search page to get it to do what I need.  I've found a hacky solution by adding hidden input below. Here's a dropdown from another field.  Not pretty, but seems to work. Has some extra javascript you can ignore as I've made it so this field only shows if you choose the "Map" type.   Hope this helps.

<span class="formLabel" data-toggle="popover" data-trigger="hover" data-content="Search Map Group" data-original-title="" title="">Limit search to</span>
    <select id="ca_objects.map_group[]2" name="ca_objects.map_group[]2" onclick="checkmap_group(this.selectedIndex)" onchange="checkmap_group(this.selectedIndex)">
    <option value="" selected="1">-</option>
    <option value="18778" >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All maps except CRWS Maps, Pole Maps and Zoning Map sets</option>
    <option value="18779">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cedar River Watershed Maps</option>
    <option value="18780">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; All Zoning Maps</option>
    <option value="18780">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1923 Zoning Maps</option>
    <option value="18780">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1947 Zoning Maps</option>
    <option value="18780">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1961 Zoning Maps</option>
    <option value="18780">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1973 Zoning Maps</option>
    </select>
    <input name="ca_objects.map_group[]" value="" id="ca_objects.map_group[]" type="hidden">
    <input name="ca_objects.map_group_label" value="Limit search to" type="hidden">
    </div>
    <div class="advancedSearchField" style="display:none" >
    <span class='formLabel' data-toggle="popover" data-trigger="hover" data-content="Limit Search to">Limit search to</span>
    {{{ca_objects.map_group%width=220px}}}
    <input name="ca_objects.map_group_label" value="Limit search to" type="hidden">
    </div>