Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Add object in collection hierarchy

Hi,

In the demo system on collections UI screen there is Location in Hierarchy (hierarchy_location) bundle that has 4 tabs: Explore, Move, Add level, Add object.
If I put hierarchy_location bundle onto my collections UI, I have only the first 3 tabs. How can I add that "Add object" tab to that bundle?

Also in the demo system on objects UI, not just objects, but also collections are displayed in hierarchy_location bundle. (For eample: http://demo.collectiveaccess.org/editor/objects/ObjectEditor/Edit/Screen32/object_id/41) How can I enable this feature?

I may be wrong, but I think the two issues are connected.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Laszlo

Comments

• Details about creating a "cross-table" hierarchy that display both objects and collections can be found here: http://docs.collectiveaccess.org/wiki/Cookbook_Chapter_2:_Installation_Profiles#Enabling_a_.22cross-table.22_hierarchy

• Thank you, Julia, I searched for wrong keywords.

However I don't need it at the moment, but is this feature availbale with other primary types, such as storage loacations, too?
  • Currently it's only objects x collections.
  • Thank you, Julia, for your answers so far.

I have one more question about Location in Hierarchy bundle. On the Add (or Add level) tab, there is a dropdown from which I can choose the type of the new item. I tried to use restrict_to_types setting to restrict the types in that dropdown, but it looks like this bundle doesn't use it. Is there a way to set which types are displayed in the dropdown?

(I found ca_xxxs_enforce_strict_type_hierarchy, but that is not what I need. I would like to allow the use of the same type as the parent item has, not sub-types.)
  • We don't support restrict to types here. We do have tools for creating a strict hierarchy, as you've noted, but it doesn't catch for your particular parent-parent case unfortunately.
  • Is we enable cross table hierarchy, is there a way to create a parent collection (or collection subtype) from the object?

• Yes, you can set up a "Related Collections" relationship bundle and add it there via Quick Add.