Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Trouble with Importing hierarchical list with Attributes

Hi there.

I'm trying to import a hierarchical list with the "listItemHierarchyBuilder". Its working fine up to the point, that i wish to import attributes too. The "listItemHierarchyBuilder" builds up different levels und the hierarchy is right. But if I also try to import the attributes in one mapping, it doens't show any data. I tried it a couple of times in different ways of inserting the "metadataElement code" to import data in the "description" of a list-item.

To give some Examples:
- "attributes": { "description": "^6"}
- "attributes": { "ca_list_items.preferred_labels.description": "^6"}
- "attributes": { "ca_list_item_labels.description": "^6"}
- "attributes": { "ca_list_items.description": "^6"}

and to achive any results i tried the following example out of "listItemSplitter":
-  "attributes": { "listItemNote": "^6"}

The result of all those mappings was, that there was build an list with a hierarchy but no data in the "description". While the import there were no errrors, or debugging messages at all.

I made a data sample and a mapping, to give you an impression what kind of list i try to create. ( The "preferred_labels.name_plural": "^6"-column in the Mapping is also only an example). What I try to achive through the mapping with attributes are columns for synonyms/alternate names, plural terms of subjects and typos.

So please give me a hint, how I can fix my mapping to get any data imported by using the "attributes". I'm aware that I probably named the wrong "metadataElement code", but I do not know how it has to look like.

Thank you in advance.

Barre

Comments

• Are you trying to target a metadata element called "description" that you placed on the list item UI or on the description that's hardcoded to be bundled in with labels?
  • Hi Julia.
    I'm trying to target the description that's hardcoded. But that's only an example.

I really want to target the alternate names/non_preferred_labels, wich are hardcoded to be bundled for list_items. And furthermore I want to classify them by differrent "list_item_label_types".

I attached a sreenshot, that should explain, waht I'm trying to do.

Thank you

Barre