Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Pawtucket2: Browsing objects for Metadata-Attribute and for relationship to occurrences doesn't work

So, I'm setting up pawtucket2 and copied most of the content from ROOT_CA/app/conf/browse.conf to ROOT_CA/pawtucket/app/conf. Most of the browsing facets work fine except for two, namely
  • browsing objects for a metadata-field (which is a list, a thesaurus-list named S_thesaurus in this context) 
  • browsing objects for relationship towards occurrences (ie ca_objects_x_occurrences)

 The two facets are defined as following:

                S_thesaurus_facet = {
                        type = attribute,
                        element_code = S_thesaurus,

                        group_mode = alphabetical,

                        label_singular = _("Schlagwort"),
                        label_plural = _("Schlagwörter")

                },
                occurrence_facet = {
                        type = authority,
                        table = ca_occurrences,
                        relationship_table = ca_objects_x_occurrences,
                        restrict_to_types = [],
                        restrict_to_relationship_types = [],

                        group_mode = alphabetical,

                        label_singular = _("Sachgebiet"),
                        label_plural = _("Sachgebiete")
                },

Any idea why this doesn't work? Is there anywhere a setting on metadata to be publicly accessible or not? (And also for occurrences?) The very same facets work internally in providence flawlessly.

Comments

  • Hi OnoSendai,

    Your list items must be set to "accessible to the public" to appear in the latest Pawtucket2.  Your occurrence records will also need to be public to appear in browse.
  • Hi Sophie,

    sorry for the late reply, I couldn't get to it until now. Thanks to your help, I could resolve it.

    Regarding the list: My mistake was that I checked the access-status on the list and not on the list items! Because when editing a list, the field of public access is not available, but on the individual list items it is. Since the thesaurus list contained more than 7000 entries, I changed all its items via the SQL-command: UPDATE ca_list_items SET access=1 WHERE list_id=X; (Fill in X with the respective list-id).

    Regarding the Occurences: I've been editing the wrong occurrences which did not contain any public objects; thus they were not displayed. Sorry for that stupid mistake.

    Thanks again & Cheers!



Sign In or Register to comment.