Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

What would you like to see from CollectiveAccess 2.0?

13»

Comments

• edited August 2018

I'd like to see the ability to easily move metadata elements between 'levels'. Moving metadata elements from the top level to a sub level or between containers in an element without exporting or scripting would be useful.

• edited August 2018

The ability to set a metadata element as read only at the element and sub-element level with sub-elements not necessarily inheriting the value from the level above. Currently this only seems to be available at the interface level.

• Another thing comes to mind as I'm working through. The ability to restrict elements by user/role/group in the element options in the 'Elements to Display on This Screen' in the 'Screen Content' field on the user interface editor. Currently we can restrict by record type but not by user/role/group. While this can be accomplished by creating a new interface, the options specific to the element representation in a user interface have to be set each time and time spent setting up the new interface.

• This has been mentioned previously in this thread, but the ability to truly merge entities and even records. Right now the delete action on an entity can transfer relationships to another entity but does not transfer entity information, allow you to combine the entity information with another entity, or select which information fields to keep. :)

• One more before the weekend, the ability to duplicate interfaces!

• Someone has mentioned already Outlook integration and notifications. Bugtracker integration seems like it might be useful as well. I am using Trac but most of others would probably be fine. It could be very simple first, like reporting an issue from a set or a record and later it could evolve into something more closely tied with processes involved with management of a digital collection.

• Be able to add translations(local) in displays and exports

• The ablity to use quotes for exact phrases in the advanced search fields in pawtucket2.

• The century expression in dates and time could be updated to the correct year range. For example, 20th century is currently described as 1900-1999, when it should be 1901-2000.

• "20th century" is an alias for 1900s ... which is 1900-1999. Perhaps we should start distinguishing between the two.

• I have an idea for CollectiveAccess 3.0 as this request feels as if it would be too complicated to add to the next version.

I am currently working on a process to make it easier for one of my volunteers catalogue. My current plan involves a more steps than I would like,* so perhaps a future feature could be to have an optional speech recognition plugin.

*My current thoughts are to create a importer to manage CSV files created by a voice recognition software.

• mobile-friendly input and update!