Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

What would you like to see from CollectiveAccess 2.0?

124»

Comments

• Changing just the parent_id of a metadata element record is not enough and will cause you problems.

• Ok, noted!

• An option to delete a list AND all of its items

• edited April 16

Draggable subelements in containers

• The ability to accept curly quotes in searches in providence and pawtucket. I've people copying from outlook/word with copy quotes and not getting results.

• The ability to add or update the watermark from the interface.

• edited May 5

Abilty to combine sets.(nevermind)

• @sarahs So you know how to combine sets? Intersection, union and difference are all supported.

• Hi, is there any info about the 2.0 release? when it will be distributed?

• We're still working on 1.8 I'm afraid. 2.0 isn't coming anytime in 2020.

• A better way to display .pdfs. Hopefully there's progress on pdf.js https://collectiveaccess.org/support/index.php?p=/discussion/299938/viewing-pdfs-as-pdfs-not-as-images

Thanks for this excellent software though!

• PDF.js support is currently available in the develop branch on GitHub. It was implemented just a few weeks ago.

• Thanks, looking forward to the next release.

• Presettable measurement units

When entering measurements, the unit of measurement must currently be entered manually for all three dimensions (length, width, height). This is extremely cumbersome. E.g. in our institution, everything is basically entered in "cm" and my colleagues absolutely not appreciate that this cannot be preset.

We will therefore try a self-made solution based on 3 numeric metadata elements instead of length elements, followed by 1 drop-down field for the unit (with default "cm"). I'm just afraid we will lose some functionality this way, e.g. regarding automatic unit conversions.

So it would be much better if the unit of measurement could (optionally) be preset, so that it is automatically completed if only a number is entered without a unit. Ideally, it should then be possible to specify whether different units of measurement that are entered (e.g. mm) should be kept or automatically converted to the default unit.