Importer Upload Hangs

Hi All-

I've run into a problem with the importer upload where it just gets stuck. If I upload to the demo site, it uploads in less than 2 seconds and on mine I'm connected through local intranet, so I don't believe it's a connectivity issue.

The bar goes through to 100% and states the following note: "Progress: 15 Kb (100%)" but doesn't go anywhere else. I've tried a few times and have waited about 10 minutes for one of them to see if it's a timing issue.

Can anyone suggest a fix to this?

Thanks!
Matt

Comments

• Hi everyone 
    I am also facing the same problem .
    Hi All-

I've run into a problem with the importer upload where it just gets stuck. If I upload to the demo site, it uploads in less than 2 seconds and on mine I'm connected through local intranet, so I don't believe it's a connectivity issue.

The bar goes through to 100% and states the following note: "Progress: 15 Kb (100%)" but doesn't go anywhere else. I've tried a few times and have waited about 10 minutes for one of them to see if it's a timing issue.

kind regards
    johnsmith
  • Hi John - I think I found the issue with mine, I currently run php 7.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.

What platform and php version are you using?

If you're in the same position as I am, you can find some answers here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3872555/fatal-error-class-ziparchive-not-found-in

This answer specifically worked for me:

On ubuntu server, I had to do.

sudo apt-get install php7.0-zip

This installed the library but I still kept on getting the same error, so I had to restart apache using:

sudo service apache2 restart

Let me know and I'll see if I can help any further to get that fixed. Because that ZipArchive problem was a real pain in the but.
  • edited November 2018

The same problem with me please suggest me.
    Hi All-

Regards,
    Alex

• Hi Alex, what happens when you load the import mapping via caUtils?

• Hi Julia - I think I found the issue with mine, I currently run php 7.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.

What platform and php version are you using?
    Regards
    http://mcabazaar.com/

• If this happens the first thing to verify is that your PHP installation has the Zip extension installed. It usually is, but apparently some Linux distributions now omit it by default.

• What version of Providence are you using? I am unable to import to my install of 1.7.7 . Has anyone succeeded in importing a xls spreadsheet to the demo system? I really need help with this and would appreciate someone providing an import template and sample data which correctly imports to the demo system.

• XLSX files are actually zip-compressed directories of files, so the PHP ZipArchive class is required. It's present in many/most environments by default. If it's not you'll have to install it.

• I think I found the issue with mine, I currently run php 7.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.

Regards
    Atul Gupta
    Visit: https://catestseries.org/