Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

PDF previews not generating or displaying correctly in MacOS [Resolved]

edited January 20 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
I am having an issue with producing PDF previews using imagemagick and graphicsmagick on MacOS via homebrew.

[1] With GraphicsMagick installed I get no preview at all, the pdf is uploaded as a binary--white square icon.
[2] When I use ImageMagick the PDF preview renders of all of the pages but I don’t have a thumbnail image. The only way to see the page previews is to also add a photo to the record to bring ups the mirador viewer.
[3] If I try to remake the the previews via command line, I get these errors repeating for each PDF file. It also remakes the JPGs attached to each record using ‘bin/caUtils reprocess-media --mimetypes=application/pdf’

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 479

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 480

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 500

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 479

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 480

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 500

Warning: Division by zero in .../collectiveaccess/app/lib/core/Plugins/Media/PDFWand.php on line 512

###

Thanks  in advance!
--Matt

Comments

• This happens with all PDFs?
  • edited January 20
    Yes.
  • Seth: Can you suggest any changes ot my configurations or is this C/A software related?

• edited January 20

• edited January 20
    Have determined the issue is caused by a conflict with EXIFTOOL. If I comment out the file path in external_applications.conf the previews render using both imagemagick and graphicksmagick libraries. I have the latest versions of all of them installed.
  • edited January 20
    By not having EXIFTOOL activated what functionality does one lose ie what does C/A by default capture as metadata from EXIFTOOL?