Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

In Object Detail view, date displays "1920, 185" or 186 etc. depending on type of date metadata


I am using the v1.4 Quickstart package for evaluation purposes. Everything is going swimmingly, except I keep getting a numeric code in addition to the text I have entered into the date container in providence. I used the app.config file to request the date element be displayed using the following line of code: 

ca_objects_detail_display_attributes = [description, date, lcsh_terms] 

and it works great except it prints: 

"Date: circa 1920,185"  when the field reads "circa 1920" in Providence. The numeric code changes if I change the date type modifier in providence. e.g. 186.

On a perhaps related note, is there any way to display LOC subject heading without the reference appended (Little Traverse Bay (Mich.) [info:lc/authorities/subjects/sh85077711])?

Thanks in advance.

Snap.png 941.1K


  • P.S.  

    Mac 10.13.2
    Issue surfaces using newest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
  • edited January 13
    I have had this since day one in version 1.6.1 when I browse all.

    No matter the browser or OS, server is Linux.

    I found the code where it is, not sure why it is doing it though as all looks right.


         $vs_date = "<p>".$qr_res->get('')."</p>";

    then it is called here.


  • Hi laubert,

    The issue is that your date metadata element is a complex container, so the code actually refers to two subelements that are being listed in sequence.  If you want to display just the date you'll want to change the element code to $qr_res->get('') (or whatever the subelement code is).  If you want to show both elements, you need to convert the list item code to text to display it like this:

    $qr_res->get('', array('convertCodesToDisplayText' => true))
  • Perfect!!.. Thank you
Sign In or Register to comment.