Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Providence 1.7.5 not displaying thumbnails of uploaded PDFs

I have another client with PDF issues. They are running on Providence 1.7.5 and have started to upload PDFs of support documents. PDF upload via the browser goes as expected, the thumbnails are generated but are not displayed in application, instead a generic icon is used. See screen capture. Mirador does preview the PDF pages. What is missing in our set up?

Comments

• I'm having the same problem but with images. When I upload video files a thumbnail is generated but when I upload images (.jpg), it will appear this same icon. Did you resolve your problem? How?

Thanks.

• @bveiga If I recall correctly, I upgraded to 1.7.6, turned off gmagick, and used imagemagick instead in my local conf files.

• @bowbot In fact, I'm using gmagick as default Media Processing Plugin, as you could see in my screenshots. I'll try to change that.

• Thanks!

• Did they upgrade from an older version? Perhaps they have a custom media_processing.conf file based upon the file from an older version that's missing entries expected in 1.7.5+

• @seth who is the question directed at?

• bveiga

• @bowbot You were right! I solved my problem. Thanks a lot.