Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Login error

Hi all,

I get a warning (see screenshot) when I go to the login page of my CA install from an external IP address and the login fails. However, when I go to the login page using an internal IP address, everything works as expected. This is with both Providence 1.7.5 and Pawtucket 2.the-current-one (login fails with no warnings). I seem to remember reading something about weird problems that happen when CA is not able to figure out its IP automatically, or when the one it figures out does not match the address it is actually being addressed as.

Does this make sense a cause for this error? If so, what exactly do I change settings-wise to fix this?

This problem didn’t happen with my test bench running the same versions of Debian 9, Apache, php7.0, and mariadb; I was able to log in locally and remotely. The only real difference is that this production install is a virtual machine in an enterprise environment so there may be something funky with routing going on that I can’t see or fix.

Should also note that I don’t have easy direct access to the VM, because of security concerns. I can access the CA config files.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Yours,

Chris Litfin

Comments

• That error indicates that the server cannot initiate background search indexing. PHP doesn't have any standard concept of multithreading, so in order to kick off search indexing outside of a request it creates a local socket connection. In some network configurations that can fail. The quick fix for this is simply to disable background indexing. To do this set in app.conf disable_out_of_process_search_indexing = 0

seth