Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Media not appearing and other issues

Good Evening,

We recently moved our CollectiveAccess instance to a new server set up with a newer version of PHP and IIS. After some issues with PHP, we got the website up and running. However, even though the media folders are linked in Providence and Pawtucket (pawtucket is nested under providence), no images are appearing on the website. I've attached screenshots. 

We're also getting some PHP errors at the top of the page. Any guidance on why this could be occurring? 

Thanks,
Morgan

Comments

• Right click on the broken image, and copy the image URL. Then paste it somewhere and examine it. Is it valid? You might have to adjust a path or hostname.
  • That seems to have revealed the problem, though I don't know what's causing it. 

I created a symlink between Providence's media directory to Pawtucket. Some images are appearing on the website (only on the homepage sometimes), and the link for that image reads: http://schpr.sc.gov/media/SCHPR/images/2/5/0/14129_ca_object_representations_media_25025_large.jpg

The links for the images which are NOT appearing have added "CollectiveAccessWebsite" into the file path: http://schpr.sc.gov/CollectiveAccessWebsite/media/SCHPR/images/2/4/9/58367_ca_object_representations_media_24904_large.jpg

If I manually remove the CollectiveAccessWebsite bit, it works just fine, obviously, but I want to know how I can keep it from doing this. I tried editing my global.conf to perform the symlink instead but I had the some problem. Do I need to define the CA URL ROOT in global.conf? 
  • Good Morning, I recreated the symlink and it seems to have self-corrected. Thanks for the advice.

How should I proceed on getting these errors to disappear? Do I need to correct something on each of those documents? 

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; gPoint has a deprecated constructor in E:\CollectiveAccessWebsite\paw\app\lib\core\Parsers\gPoint.php on line 56

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR has a deprecated constructor in E:\CollectiveAccessWebsite\paw\app\lib\core\Parsers\PEAR.php on line 85

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR_Error has a deprecated constructor in E:\CollectiveAccessWebsite\paw\app\lib\core\Parsers\PEAR.php on line 773

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KmlParser has a deprecated constructor in E:\CollectiveAccessWebsite\paw\app\lib\core\Parsers\KmlParser.php on line 52

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; UnZipFile has a deprecated constructor in E:\CollectiveAccessWebsite\paw\app\lib\core\Parsers\UnZipFile.php on line 37