Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Pawtucket and managing Access control

Hi,

I am experimenting with managing access control for users and I came across this statement in the Wiki document I have questions about. "When a user account is created from Pawtucket they are by default given only actions listed under "Pawtucket Actions." They are: Can Download Media, Can Share Objects via Email, Can Share Objects via Facebook, and Can Initiate Replication of Object Media to External Repositories."

The only action I want to enable for my users is "can download media." I especially will need to block any sharing via Facebook as that would violate privacy I am protecting.  I know how to check the boxes to restrict user actions when I create a user account from Providence but not when a user creates an account themselves from Pawtucket. How do the boxes under "Pawtucket Actions" get checked when a user account is created from Pawtucket? When a user creates an account from Pawtucket, are the boxes in "Pawtucket Actions" checked or blank? Meaning, are those actions disabled or enabled?  And once they create a login and register from Pawtucket, how am I able to control those actions in their account?  

thanks!

Suzanne