Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Providence 1.7.6: Viewing jpgs

Hi, I've moved from V 1.4 and most things are OK now except for viewing jpgs.

If I find an object with just one jpg in media and click on its thumbnail on the "Basic Info" page, I see a tilepic open (very slowly) in a viewer with a zoom bar at the top. Zoom works. However, when I try to move the image (zoomed or not) this happens: I left click and hold [OK], I move the image [OK]. I release the left mouse button and the image vanishes, leaving a translucent grey patch where the viewer was and a message like this at the top of the screen: "/providence-1.7.6/index.php/Detail/GetMediaOverlay/context//id/110/representation_id/207/overlay/1". If I click the browser back button once, nothing happens, I click it again I get back to my search result page.

Is there anything I can do about this? I really need to be able to zoom and move single jpgs.

For objects with multiple jpgs in media, a different viewer opens, with up, down, left, right, home and +/- buttons at bottom right and large left and right arrows halfway up each side. There is also a "n of m" display at bottom centre. This seems to work OK, except if I move through the jpgs with the large left and right arrows (or with the optional display of thumbnails), the "n of m" display doesn't change. If I use the arrows beside the "n of m" display, the "n of m" display changes, but the display is always of the first jpg. In scroll view I just see large fuzzy views for the first 2 or 3 images but can't see how to scroll them.

I can live with this, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has come across it.

Thanks in advance.
David

Ubuntu 16.04.4
Firefox Quantum 60.0.1 (64 bit)

Comments