Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

[2520] Type id cannot be set after insert

edited June 2018 in Feedback

Hello CA friends!

We've been getting a strange error on saving Occurrences and sometimes other types.

[2520] Type id cannot be set after insert (BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes->set(); ca_occurrences.type_id 

Usually this occurs on trying to save relationships, but also sometimes seems inexplicable.

I've been trying to figure it out with no luck; any suggestions?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

[And I somehow managed to post this in the wrong forum, but can't delete it. whoops. is it possible to move it to the Troubleshooting forum?]

Comments

• What version of CA are you running? And what are the "other types" that also throw this error?

• Hi Seth!

We're running CA version 1.7.5.

It seems to occur after running an import, with ca_objects sometimes as well. It will often import, throw the error, but most of the record will save. If we then try to save a relationship in the imported record, it'll throw a similar error. I'm assuming there's something wrong with one of the Splitters, but I don't know why the error would throw again once trying to fix the relationship manually (instead of importing data).

[2510] Type must be specified (BundlableLabelableBaseModelWithAttributes->insert(); ca_objects.type_id

• If you send me a dump of the database I'll take a look