Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

How do I display custom metadata in pawtucket?

Hi there!

First of all, sorry for my english. It Is not too good :wink:

I have created a vocabulary list in providence administration menu and i have linked it to a object screen. The code name of the vocabulary is "etiquetas2_em".

I have added a lot of words to the vocabulary, and i have associate some of the words to some objects.

In pawtucket 2, I want to show these custom vocabulary fields:

I have used the code below in the object detail file ("themes/MYTHEME/views/Details/ca_objects_default_html.php").

{{{

Tags:
^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em
}}}

In the web browser interface I can see the "

Tags

", but i cant read the tag names (^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em).

I suppose the condition is working, but i dont know how to show the values of the "^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em" vocabulary associated.

What can I do?

Thank you

Comments

• The code was pasted incorrectly. Below is the correct one.

{{{<ifdef code="ca_objects.etiquetas2_em"><H6>Tags:</H6>^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em<br/></ifdef>}}}

• I have the answer.

The code was correct. The problem was in the providence configuration. I have set "not public access" to the vocabulary terms options. I have changed it to "allow public access" and everything starts to works property.

• I have another question.

How do i insert a link for the vocabulary?

For example, I have associated to the Object a vocabulary named "etiquetas2_em". My Object has tagged as "Museum", "Green", "Build" in the etiquetas2_em field. And now, in the detail screen i want show this tags with a link to all objects tagged as Museum or Green.

With my code does not appears the link

{{{<ifdef code="ca_objects.etiquetas2_em"><H6>Tags:</H6>^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em<br/></ifdef>}}}

How can I add the link to these tags?

Thank You

• The link is added with the `' tag.

So, this is the correct code:

{{{<ifdef code="ca_objects.etiquetas2_em"><H6>Tags:</H6><l>^ca_objects.etiquetas2_em</li></ifdef>}}}

the link (a href) appears in the html. But it is linked to the ca_objects detail page, and it is not linked to a list of all objects with the same "etiquetas2_em".

Please help!! :( i have red a lot of wikis and information and i can't find any answer.

• There is no way to do that within a display template. You would have to use php to get the tags and construct a link to a search or browse. The tag creates links to other records like entities or occurrences, but does not link to search or browse results.