Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Offline Use

Hello, I'm considering Collective Access for use with a small collection of historical objects. Our object stores do not have an internet connection, so I had been assuming that we would need to purchase a software package such as Past Perfect, in order to work offline. Could someone please tell me, in very layman's terms, whether it is possible to work on Collective Access offline? I have no programming experience and am not particularly tech savvy, so feel free to spell it out as simply as you can. Thank you!!

Comments

• It is possible to connect to CollectiveAccess over a local network, if the server was configured to be accessible on an intranet (rather than an internet). That would mean you had networked your server and computers to speak to each other without having to connect to the outside internet. This isn't an ideal approach though and may cause significant challenges and problems long term (i.e. can't connect from offsite, can't update the software without an internet connection, no offsite backups).