Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Uncertain dates, but ISO8601 format?

edited July 2018 in Installation

Since I've configured app/conf/datetime.conf to use "dateFormat = iso8601", it's not possible to enter uncertain dates anymore.
When I prefix a date with "circa" it only works with "dateFormat = text".

Is there any way to force date input/output string format to iso8601, while still having uncertain-dating capabilities?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Comments

• We'd suggest using an additional display date field (i.e. a free text input) or using a different date format if you need to capture uncertainty with dates.

• Hm... what about tweaking the language date-formatting in a way that it just uses YYYY-MM-DD for input and output?

That would allow fuzzy dates in the same date field, while providing ISO8601 date formatting.