Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Yes/no checkbox: Different default value in different UIs?

I'm using a simple 2-item list (true/false), rendered as "Yes/no checkbox" for boolean options.

But I have to declare the default value at the list, whereas what makes sense as default depends on which element I'm using this yes/no option for.

What would be the best "CA-way" to set the default value differently in different screens?
e.g. Create 2 lists: One for "yes" and one for "no" as default?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Comments

• Hi, Don't set either value as default. It's not a requirement.

• I've just read up on Y/N checkboxes in the wiki.
    Now I'm even more confused that before :(

Once it says:

"The checked state of a yes/no checkbox is taken to be the first item in the list"

...and furthermore:

"Note that you should set "default" to 0 for both - otherwise the checkbox will default to a checked on new records."

But below (in the example of "no" as default), it sets "no" as default.

...which then leads to the default being checked - but this would be a "yes".

I've now tried to follow the cookbook as precise as I can, but the actual behavior doesn't seem to match the documentation :(

• Do not set a default for either "yes" or "no". Set the default sorting of the List itself to "Rank." Then assign the "yes" value a rank of "01" and the "no" value a rank of "02."