Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

List item values not written to profile XML?

edited August 2018 in Feedback

I've just exported my setup's configuration profile XML - and saw that I can't find the "item value" in the whole XML.

To be certain, I've exported the configuration twice:
Once with value "A" and once with value "B". Diff on the 2 XMLs only showed a different export date...

Is this normal?

Comments

• All lists and their list items are exported to the profile when running "export configuration" from the "Maintenance" screen of Manage-Administration. They will be in the block.

• edited August 2018

@Jonathan:

I thought so too, but I just tested it again - and also the value of "sort order" (aka "rank") doesn't show up in the exported XML...

Here's the code block of a list item in the exported XML (no value, no rank):

<item idno="yes" enabled="1" default="1">
      <labels>
        <label locale="en_US" preferred="1">
          <name_singular>Yes</name_singular>
          <name_plural>Yes</name_plural>
          <description/>
        </label>
      </labels>
    </item>

(Running providence v1.7.6git)

• What do you mean exactly by "No value"? The list item label and idno are both present in the above example. As far as rank goes, is the list itself set to sort on rank?

• Oh, I see now you mean "item value" - can you please create a JIRA ticket for this?

• edited August 2018

I've created the following ticket "PROV-2524":
    "List item value is not exported to profile XML configuration"

btw: I've checked what happens when I re-import the XML:
    The item value is set to its idno.