Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Providence 1.7.6 Migration

Hi all,

I have a current instance running on a Ubuntu 16.04 VM, which has been working great. I am trying to migrate my installation to a Windows 10 VM, running Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.32, MySQL 5.7.23.

I am able recode everything to point to the correct Windows paths, but when I try to export my configuration from my old site to the new, it says that the profile validation failed, even though I made it from the Administration tab. Do I have to do this from the terminal line (bin\caUtils) to get the profile to export correctly? Is there other changes I need to make to the XML before I bring it over to the install folder on the new host?

Also, is there a good way for me to migrate the SQL database? They are running the same versions.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• Regarding the profile, if it's not validating perhaps the configuration exporter is doing something wrong (this would not be the first time). Either run the profile through an XML validator to see where the problem is, or send it to me and I'll do it.

Regarding moving your SQL database, just dump it to a file using mysqldump and then restore it in the usual way on the target system.

• Hi Seth,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did exactly what you recommended and found a bunch of errors. I cleared them all out and it went through fine.

Thanks for all the help!