Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Lookup field with possibility to add entries

Hi there

I'm trying to present my list as a lookup field with the possibility to directly add new entries in the cataloguers editor.

I went through the different settings and also searched the documentation, but didn't find an option for that. Is this only possible as a plugin? Or did i miss something?

Cheers
Michael

Comments

• If the field is a metadata element of datatype=list, you can present the element as a lookup field - but new list items would still need to be created via Manage - Lists & Vocabularies. On the other hand, if you use a "related list items" bundle instead of a metadata element of datatype=list, you can enabled "quick add" to add new list items directly in the lookup. In the settings for "related list items" you must of course restrict the lookup to the particular List in question.

• Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your reply! I tried adding the bundle "related vocabulary terms" and played around with all the options (also "disable quick add"). There was still no quick add field in my UI. Is there something else i should consider?

• Michael - I apologize. Quick add is not currently supported for that table ca_list_items after all. It is something that could potentially be developed for a future release.