Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Removing spaces in checkbox lists in Providence

In Providence, it appears that in every checkbox list, there are 3 spaces in the label before the actual text--see code snippet:
<td> <input name="P224ObjectEditorForm_attribute_426_426_new_7" value="1094" type="checkbox" id="P224ObjectEditorForm_attribute_426_426_new_7"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7th</td>
`
Is the application producing them or the Providence theme? How can they be removed?

Thanks!
BB

Comments

• Not sure what would have produced those spaces, but you can edit the list item labels directly in Providence under Manage - Lists & Vocabularies.

• They are not in the list item labels. Also, I have seen this on more than one providence instance that I manage. The application is writing the spaces--as far as I can tell.

• Still, have not located the cause of these extra spaces--although they are all through the application if you search the source code. I can't tell which one is used when writing the checkbox code. It is not in the theme.

• hey there--asking again. I cannot figure out why list values get 3 spaces after the checkbox in the metadata container.

• This code is from list in the default install profile turned into a check box metadata field:

<td><input name="P288ObjectEditorForm_attribute_38_38_new_0" value="187" type="checkbox" id="P288ObjectEditorForm_attribute_38_38_new_0"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; video/avi</td>

• Also part of radio lists too:
    <td><input name="P289ObjectEditorForm_attribute_41_41_new_0" value="179" id="P289ObjectEditorForm_attribute_41_41_new_0_1" type="radio"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; text/cmd</td>

• I think the issue is buried in here--line 337 or 345 of htmlFormHelpers.php:
    $vs_element = "<input name='{$ps_name}' {$vs_attr_string} type='checkbox'/>\n";