Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Images missing in https

edited November 2018 in Troubleshooting

I'm setting up a new installation of Collective Access and everything was working well until we turned on security forcing https. Now the images do not render correctly. When I look at the media basic information for an object and copy the image location, I get
http://sparcradio.ca/providence/media/collectiveaccess/images/0/55026_ca_object_representations_media_4_small.jpg

The image is available and viewable at
https://sparcradio.ca/providence/media/collectiveaccess/images/0/55026_ca_object_representations_media_4_small.jpg

Consequently, something in CA is forcing http instead of https. I have also noticed that http://sparcradio.ca/providence/media/collectiveaccess... is being rewritten as https://sparcradio.ca/media/collectiveaccess..., that is providence is missing in the path.

Any suggestions where I might look to change this, please.

Comments

  • edited November 2018

    {deleted}

  • In v 1.7.6, you can define CA_SITE_PROTOCOL in your setup.php file (around ln. 244) as "https" and that should force images to be linked properly.

  • Thanks, I forced CA_SITE_PROTOCOL to be 'https' which has fixed Providence. Unfortunately, adding define("CA_SITE_PROTOCOL", 'https'); to Pawtucket didn't help any. Still investigating...

  • Progress - It seems there is something corrupt in my site's .htaccess file, which has a lot of entries. I stripped it back to basics and now Pawtucket is working fine.

  • In the "release" version of Pawtucket 1.7.6, the protocol is hardcoded in ln. 86 of /apps/conf/global.conf, rather than using the defined value from setup.php like Providence does. This issue looks to have been fixed in the develop branch, with both global.conf files mirroring one another.

    Also, it looks like this forum's text editor is stripping out the double underscores wrapping the value name, for any future readers that stumble on this thread.

    The value in question is __CA_SITE_PROTOCOL__

Sign In or Register to comment.