Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Bare bones profile for beginners

Hello community, I am a new comer to CA.

I am a programmer and yet I am having a tough time understanding various areas in the XML profile and how it relates to the actual user interface. I've also read all the documentation.

From past experiences, a simple example can go a long way in getting up to speed with a new project. I believe that a bare bones profile will help a ton in getting to know the internals of CA (all profiles I've seen are 3000 lines and more).

Anything available out there?

thanks
alon

Comments

• Dublin Core and the "default" profile are probably the most bare bones. Unfortunately 3,000 lines is actually pretty short for a CollectiveAccess profile!
    https://github.com/collectiveaccess/providence/tree/master/install/profiles/xml

• I share your pain, that's the price of very configurable system.
    What I did is that I run CA in Docker, so that I can test installation profiles and changes in them very easily with full reinstalls (always check validity of profile before install). Also the export of configuration is very handy, so you can see what changes in config when you change something in UI.

Best,
    Ari