Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

  1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

  2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

  3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

  4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

  5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.


If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

  1. Data sample

  2. Your mapping


Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Memory issues with git for both prov. & pawt2

It seems that when the /app/lib directory was collapsed into one, the file i/o changed such that I now run into out of memory issues.
I just found that I can not access galleries at all in pawtucket2 because of memory but have no issue before.
This also has showed up in prov. by not allowing me to edit anything with a particularly long item list.

I've tried playing around a little and it seems the same with file vs memcaching, etc

http://pelhamhs.org/pa2/index.php/Gallery/Index <---works
http://pelhamhs.org/pa/index.php/Gallery/Index <-- no work

Any ideas?
Its a shared server, so it's pretty locked down.

But why does it need so much memory for the galleries?

Comments

  • I see a blank screen. What is the text of the error message the you're getting? Presumably you're looking at the logs?

  • PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 192937984) (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /hermes/bosnaweb28a/b1269/ipw.pelhamhs/public_html/pa/app/tmp/collectiveaccessCache/0fea6a13c52b4d47/25368f24b045ca84/38a865804f8fdcb6/57cd99682e939275/25b50d8a2b0d5858/e8052a520a54cefa/50fdb02ce6fbf9d4/eb33da1f38590145/c26efcda17d336c6/5209b4fd2806b915.php on line 1

    mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory

  • I'm not sure why it's running out of memory in one place but not the other. It's unlikely to be related to the app/lib directory structure changes. Try bumping the memory ceiling up. Try adding this line in your setup.php:

    ini_set("memory_limit", "312M");

    Let's see if that helps.

Sign In or Register to comment.