Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

PBCore and Data Import

Hi all,

I am currently working on building a new instance of Providence / Pawtucket with the standard PBCore profile to house media metadata stored in different locations. I have been able to get the importer to work for the most part, but I would like to build on it and really get it going with information like created dates.

I found the bundle for the Temporal Coverage, but I just can't seem to map it out right.

Attached are my mappings and a sample media import file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Also, as requested, I have attached the system configuration profile.

• You'll want to use the lowest subElement value so:

ca_objects.pbcoreDate.pbcoreDates_line1 - should be ca_objects.pbcoreDate.pbcoreDates_text
    ca_objects.pbcoreDate.pbcoreDates_line2 - should be ca_objects.pbcoreDate.pbcoreDates_value

also all three elements of this container need to be "grouped" via a common word in column 4 of your mapping.

• Thanks Julia! So I got the date to propagate, which is nice. But is there a way I can propagate the Type in the coverage?

Also, in case I need to do this again with another section, is there a way for me to find out what would be the lowest subElement in a table?

• The lowest sub-element is the most nested in the XML and the user interface.

The types need to be mapped using the Original Values/Replacement Values column.

• So if I'm understanding you correctly, if I review the system config XML, I should be able to figure out the correct mappings?

• Yes or you can use the user interface under Manage > Administration > Metadata elements. If you navigate to the Temporal Coverage field there you can drill down until you get to the child-most sub-element and there you'll find the correct code.

• Perfect! Thanks so much! I'll keep playing around with it!