Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Archive Files

I am currently running Providence 1.7.5 and Pawtucket on a website hosted by SiteGround, having recently moved from hosting by UK2. (The problem described below existed on the old host and continues with the new host.)

From time to time large folders/files are created. The sizes are typically around 50 – 55 MB. I have no idea why they are created, there does not seem to be a fixed pattern. Several days can pass without any new ones, however on 3rd December multiple files were created until the available disk space was filled and the site crashed. After deleting the files the functionality was restored.

There are two types of file those designated phpxltmpxxxxxx which are saved in the /Pawtucket main folder and those designated phppttmpxxxxx which are saved in the/tmp folder on the server home folder. Both types seem to contain zipped image files, in addition the phppttmpxxxxxx type contains files of slides.

Please can someone explain what is happening and how I can prevent these files being saved permanently.

Comments

• I should have stated the version of Pawtucket is Pawtucket2

• Can anyone advise why these zip files (first line states Archive) are created and which programme creates them.

Are the files needed for the day to day running of Pawtucket2?

Can the programmes that create the files be disabled and what Pawtucket2 functionality would be lost?

• No responses, so I decided if I could not prevent the files from being created I would use CRON jobs running every 30 minutes to delete them. These are the scripts that worked for me.

find /full/folder/path/ -type f -name "phppttmp*" -exec rm {} \;

find /full/folder/path/ -type f -name "phppttmp*" -exec rm {} \;

Use with care and test with non critical paths and files to prevent deletion of the wrong targets.