Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Enabling Finding Aid plugin (pawtucket 2)

edited January 8 in Pawtucket

I'm hoping to enable the Finding Aid plugin for our Pawtucket installation (we are running Pawtucket 2), but am not quite sure how to use and customize it. I've enabled the plugin in /app/plugins/FindingAid/conf/FindingAid.conf by setting the 'enabled' field to '1', but have not seen the collection hierarchy displays on our Collection detail pages (as an example, sitename.org/Detail/collections/1). Does anything else need to be enabled for the Finding Aids to function? Or am I perhaps looking in the wrong place?

I've copied our FindingAid.conf file below in case it is useful (I've added some quotation marks to a few lines to help with display on this forum). Thanks for any help!

'# Finding Aid Configuration values

'# Set to a non-zero value to enable Finding Aids
enabled = 1

'# To restrict your Finding Aid to particular Collection types, list the types below, separated by commas
restrict_to_types =

'# If set to a non-zero value, your collection hierarchy will be displayed by default
open_by_default = 1

'# Name of your Finding Aid
page_title = Collections

'# Introductory text, displayed at the top of your Finding Aid
intro_text = 'Sample finding aid text'

'# Display Template for your hierarchy levels
display_template =

^ca_collections.preferred_labels.name (^ca_collections.idno)
^ca_collections.description

'

Comments

• In Pawtucket 2 you no longer need to use the finding aid plugin. There is a Collections controller and views that has replaced the functionality of the plugin. You can see the default implementation at sitename.org/Collections/index. You will need to set configuration options in your theme's conf/collections.conf file. You can copy this file from the default theme to see what options are available. To enable the hierarchy browser in collection detail pages, set do_not_display_collection_browser = 0. The browser will only show up if the collection record has child records and they are accessible to the public.

• Hi maria, thanks so much for this! That's good to know; we'll customize the views. Thanks again!