Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Welcome to the CollectiveAccess support forum! Here the developers and community answer questions related to use of the software. Please include the following information in every new issue posted here:

1. Version of the software that is used, along with browser and version

2. If the issue pertains to Providence, Pawtucket or both

3. What steps you’ve taken to try to resolve the issue

4. Screenshots demonstrating the issue

5. The relevant sections of your installation profile or configuration including the codes and settings defined for your local elements.

If your question pertains to data import or export, please also include:

1. Data sample

2. Your mapping

Answers may be delayed for posts that do not include sufficient information.

Deleting from hierarchy

Hi, This is just an observation - I recently imported a storage location hierarchy that has varying levels of depth in different rooms. Mapping from the lowest level results in "Blank()" being appended to those instances where the hierarchy is not so deep. I understand that this is due to the fact that the mapping has been set to work from the lowest level. Not a train smash but it does result in a false count of real locations on the dashboard. Also I tried deleting some of the "Blank()" locations and noted that at the end of the deletion process ca reports "drawer deleted". I suppose the only way to overcome this is to break the data source up onto separate blocks of equal depth then write a mapping for each one and then import them separately. Might help someone

Comments

• Forgot to mention Ubuntu 16.04,Firefox Browser, CA 1.7.6 Release

• You can also make sure that the lowest level always has a value in your data source (and an indicator of record type). The parent parameter can skip levels, but the target of the mapping can not.

• edited March 20

Thank You Julia,
    After scouring the documentation I found the following refinery in the Cook Book that seems to work ok, no blanks and correct location count.

Solution
    Use the useParentAsSubject option along with a storageLocationHierarchyBuilder refinery. In this example, the last level before the first blank level will be the target for the objectSplitter.   Make sure to map the storageLocationHierarchyBuilder to ca_storage_locations.parent_id, rather than just ca_storage_locations.

Rule Type.... Source...........CA table.element...........................Option....................................Refinery
    Mapping.........13.......ca_storage-locations.parent.id.....{useParentAsSubject":}...storageLocationHierarchyBuilder

Refinery Parameters
    {
    "parents":[{
    "idno": "^14",
    "name": "^13",
    "type": "^15"
    },
    {
    "idno": "^11",
    "name": "^10",
    "type": "^15"
    },